- Wide breadth of IT support and web development experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Project management and supervisory experience
- Creative online business and marketing strategist
- Object oriented backend PHP web developer
- Experienced in UNIX, Windows, and MAC OS environments
- Hardware, software and network setup & configuration
- CompTIA i-Net+ certification
- IT Customer Service and Support, Web Development / Programming, Production, Web Systems Administration (DevOps), Database Design and Query Optimization, Organic SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Online Business Development, Marketing and Market Research, Technical and Creative Writing.
- PhpStorm IDE, Wordpress, Drupal, Sequel Pro, Pico / Nano Editor, TextMate, Tower, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Acrobat PDF, Pagemaker, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Outlook.
- PHP Web Developer / Web Producer / President
- Online Brands Inc | Glendale, Arizona
- September 2005 - Present
- Apply a wide breadth of technical skills, Internet knowledge, and experience in the service of building and improving online efforts for multiple clients. Includes: online branding and business consulting, marketing communications, content production as well as technical writing, back and frontend web development, organic search engine optimization, social media marketing and web systems administration.
- Web Producer / Web Developer / Systems Administrator
- Arizona Internet Developers Inc | Mesa, Arizona
- July 2002 - July 2005
- Served as the primary web developer on company's flagship product vacationhomes.com. Helped build and grow the site to be one of the most popular vacation home rental web sites on the Internet. The website was acquired in the summer of 2005.
- Converted all user facing applications from Cold Fusion to PHP
- Normalized database tables and performed extensive query optimization
- Cleaned up and rewrote front end HTML and CSS to meet validation requirements
- Maintained 24/7 high volume availability demands using open source tools such as Linux, Apache, PHP, and MySQL
- Played a key role in guiding the company's marketing strategy and overall direction, which lead to its significant market share and successful buyout
- Maintained ongoing organic SEO effort leading to the elimination of a paid search campaign and eventual position as a market leader
- Identified and implemented missed SEO opportunities that increased site traffic exponentially
- Created a marketing platform for promoting the business that became an industry standard
- Devised methods aimed at user retention and increasing customer transactions that increased company's bottom line dramatically
- Devised and implemented a competitive pricing and promotion strategy that resulted in an increasing client base
- Built and programmed intelligent features into the site aimed at maximizing the site's effectiveness, usefulness and keeping abusive elements at bay
- Strategically planned and programmed applications that collected business minded intelligence and helped to better manage the site
- Completed transition to new owners in the summer of 2005. Included technical setup and configuration, thorough documentation and an extended technical support contract
- PHP Web Developer
- The Arizona Republic | Phoenix, Arizona
- April 2002 - July 2002
- PHP Web Developer
- Insight Inc | Phoenix, Arizona
- January 2002 - April 2002
- As part of the development team, programmed a temporary Internet gateway to tie together two e-commerce systems using PHP for a major Internet retailer. In addition to code development, maintained project documentation and assisted in application design.
- PHP Web Developer / Consultant
- Hollywood101 Productions LLC | Atwater, California.
- May 2000 - January 2002
- Project Manager / Developer
- NCS - Network Communications Solutions, LLC | Modesto, California
- January 2000 - May 2000
- Served as the liaison between clients and company's development team. Lead the development team in the production of an e-commerce startup through its first phase of development. Helped to develop graphic imagery and corporate identity that was consistent with business plan and objectives. Worked to foster a team based collaborative development environment.
- IT Support & Customer Service
- PrimeNet / Frontier Communications | Phoenix, AZ
- February 1999 - July 1999
- Provided technical support to dialup customers over the telephone for a local Internet Service Provider.
- IT Support Specialist
- Arizona State University, West Campus | Phoenix, Arizona
- August 1996 - February 1999
- Assisted students and faculty in implementing the latest in emerging technologies in their projects. Worked on the Help Desk performing upgrades and repairs on faculty and staff computing systems throughout the University. Developed web sites for my college and other campus organizations. Served as student representative on the IT Advisory Committee that had direct oversight and direction of the the University's IT programs and budgeting.
Bachelor of Arts | Communication Studies
Arizona State University | Phoenix, Arizona
Graduation: December 1998 | GPA 3.52/4.0
- Member of Information Technology Advisory Committee
- Built many of the University's first departmental websites
- University Honors College participant
- Completed 12 units of graduate level coursework
Associate of Arts | Journalism and Liberal Arts
Glendale Community College | Glendale, Arizona
Graduation: May 1995 | GPA 3.8/4.0
- Editor-in-Chief of student newspaper
- Numerous journalism and photojournalism awards
- Awarded for outstanding student achievement
- Dean's list and Honors graduate
- i-Net+ CompTIA
- Alumni mentor volunteer, ASU West Honors College, Fall 2014
- Worked on US Patent #20080144882, Issued Apr 24, 2007
- Early adopter and advocate of open source technology
- ZendCon attendee, October 2009 (San Jose, CA)
- ApacheCon volunteer, April 2001 (Santa Clara, CA)